Ok, I admit it – I am slightly obsessed with bluemercury. Mainly because they give THE BEST samples/gift with purchases that I have yet to find at any other beauty store (sorry, Sephora – I still love you!) and I never feel as overwhelmed as I do at Ulta/Sephora, mainly because their stores are much smaller. I will say their only downfall is the sales associates/beauty gurus. They’re either a wonderfully helpful or super standoffish/don’t know what they’re doing. My first few experiences at bluemercury I had the sweetest ladies help me and they did a great job in product selection. Recently though, I have steered away from going into the stores due to poor customer service and opt to shop online (free 2 day shipping – heyyyy)
What bluemercury does best is their shopping parties. They do these quite frequently with amazing gift with purchase bags and a couple times a year (Christmas + 1 or 2 other times) they give up to 20% off your entire purchase! Unreal. The gift with purchases are phenomenal and is how I’m able to try such a variety of high end skin care products I would normally never buy.
I attended their summer break shopping party last week and it didn’t disappoint. I had tried some of the samples in the gift bag previously, but luckily they were some of my faves – Oribe dry texturizing spray! and I am super excited for a few of the ones I have yet to try – bumble & bumble all-style blow dry and Supergoop! defense refresh Setting Mist Broad Spectrum SPF 50
At the shopping party I grabbed some tried and true favorites:
- M-61 PowerGlow Peel – seriously, this stuff is GOLD
- Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer in my summer color – sand
- Moroccanoil shampoo/conditioner in fleur de rose
And decided to try some new products as well:
- M-61 PowerGlow Body Butter – I love the original hydraboost body butter so am excited to try this version which will hopefully give some of the same effect as the PowerGlow peel to the rest of my body!
- Laura Mercier candleglow sheer perfecting powder in shade 2. I will admit I was skeptical about this as I never use powder and find it to look too cakey on my face but decided to give it a try after chatting with the sales rep and trying it on. So far I am loving it! Gives a nice luminous finish to my skin and is not drying at all.
- Trish McEvoy fan brush #62 – this brush is just so so in my opinion. Or maybe I just don’t know how to use it properly? Oh well. I really just wanted to try a fan brush so I could get my highlight on like the rest of ya’ll.
- Lune+Aster eyelid primer – have yet to try this but it has some great reviews so we’ll see!
Thoughts on some of these products/can someone please explain to me how to use a fan brush?? 🙂